Introduction to Business Analytics & Visualization with Power BI
December 1: 1:30 pm – 4:00 pm
One event on December 2, 2021 at 1:30 pm
One event on December 6, 2021 at 1:30 pm
As enterprises continue to gather and collect oceans of structured and unstructured data given extremely cheap data storage options, there is a critical responsibility of business decision makers to draw intelligent insights from these vast data stores to create and sustain competitive edges. By working with business intelligence tools, professionals can seamlessly slice and analyze data without having to invest enormous amounts of time learning programming languages such as Python and R to do such work.
In this workshop participants will learn how to execute key business intelligence and visualization tasks via Microsoft’s Power BI software. Power BI is a software solution that Gartner’s Magic Quadrant has highlighted as a leader in analytics and business intelligence platforms for the last twelve years.
Students will gain experience importing business data into Microsoft Power BI, exploring interactive data visualizations, creating valuable dashboards and reports, and using meaningful insights from Power BI to enhance decision-making. This course includes a hands-on project at the end to tie all course concepts together.
Attendees must use a PC in this class. Power BI does not support Macs! Mac users can either install Parallels and run Power BI or set up a virtual machine in the cloud and install Power BI through the virtual machine.
What This Course Offers:
- Overview of Business Analytics and Data Visualization
- Problem Solving Strategies
- Engaging Training Environment
- Microsoft Power BI Fundamentals
- Hands-On Experience
- Support Beyond the Classroom
Who Is This For:
The target audience for this course is finance and business professionals, but the skills we teach here are transferable across many disciplines. If any of the following points apply to you, you will most likely find this course useful:
- In my current role, I spend a lot of time creating reports and/or surfacing the insights they
- I often need to copy and paste data between different Excel spreadsheets to build
simple charts on top of it.
- I’m responsible for manually updating the data sources for my team’s regular snapshots
and briefs, and want to reclaim that time.
- I want to conduct my organization’s, team’s, or own personal work more effectively by
becoming more data-driven.
- I always want to have a current view on certain key metrics for which my company
already stores relevant data.
- I want to learn how to incorporate data design and visualization principles into my core
practice as a professional.
There are no prerequisites for this course, though some may find it helpful to have experience with Microsoft Excel and Power Query, as Power BI uses similar formulas and frameworks.
- CFA Institute PL Credit Hours: 9 Credits
*Early Bird Registration:
- CFAW Member: $415
- Non-Member: $515
*Ends November 24, 2021.
This Virtual Boot Camp led by Cognitir consists of three half-day sessions:
Organizations are eligible for a 10% discount when registering three or more people for an event. You may register multiple people, by selecting the Add Person button, after registering the first attendee. All registrations must be processed at the same as the 10% discount will automatically be applied at checkout
Refunds, Cancellations, and Substitutions:
- 48 HOURS ADVANCED NOTICE OR MORE: Credit to be issued (to be used within 6 months)
- LESS THAN 48 HOURS OR AFTER EVENT HAS STARTED: No refund
All requests for cancellation or refunds must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.