The Living Zoom: Maximizing the Strength of Your Connection
October 8, 2020: 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm Virtual
- This event has passed.
Thriving and surviving in the new era of virtual presenting.
Presenting virtually to clients, colleagues and even family members requires adapting and adopting to the new demands of digital meetings. The stakes are high; much of our success depends on our ability to communicate effectively. Yet there’s little guidance today for virtual presenters beyond the technical requirements, and audiences are quickly losing patience with flawed and failed meetings.
Join CFA Society Washington, DC for a program specifically for financial professionals, and discover ways to adjust your setup, setting and speaking so that you can thrive and survive in the new era of virtual presenting.
Welcome to our living Zoom.
Attendees will learn:
- Ways to engage and interact with virtual audiences for a more compelling presentation
- Preferable backgrounds – they have changed from professional to personal.
- The 6-minute changeup: keeping your audience engaged is more challenging in the virtual setting.
- Ways to create a better image with simple adjustments to your background
- Ways to simplify tasks and technology by using checklists similar to those used by airline pilots
Program Toolbox: from principles to practice
- A research-base checklist for the virtual setup, setting and speaking.
Director of Creative Campaigns, Invesco
This event is FREE to CFAW Members.