U.S. Equities Boom or Bust Update 2021
June 15, 2021: 4:00 pm – 5:00 pm Virtual
- This event has passed.
Current investment trends in the United States continue to shift almost daily and present contrasting sides of whether U.S. Equities are a bubble ready to implode or are a great buying opportunity that still offer the best long-term Investment available. Gabriel Petre, Lead Investment Strategist World Bank Pension Plans, and Jill Hall, CFA and U.S. Equity Strategist and Head of US Small/Mid Cap Strategy at BofA Securities Inc., will present their analysis and recommendations for Equity investors of all types. The presenters will emphasize on the future direction of the U.S. Equity Markets as well as the potential impact of increasing price volatility, increasing interest rates, changes in government regulations, increases in Corporate and Capital Gains taxes, Re-Opening in the U.S. and increasing Covid-19 cases in India and other parts of the World, among different industry sectors, trade disputes, geo-political and other knowns or unknown events.
CFA Society Washington, DC invites the audience an opportunity to listen and then engage in production discussions during the Q&A portion and openly express their opinions on how their relative assessment of the future direction of general market conditions and U.S. equities.
- Gain a better Understanding of the current Investment Environment in the U.S. and globally with emphasis on how the past Quantitative Easing actions by Central Bank, and how deficit fiscal spending are possibly creating Asset bubbles especially in equities.
- What will be the most likely changes in U.S. Tax policies and what are the potential impact on the U.S. Equity markets.
- Understand where the current U.S. Equity markets are in relationship to their historical valuation measures.
- Better understand how many long-term investors have constantly made money in U.S. equities and how they will likely continue to do so, as well as what are some of the largest mistakes many investors make and/or are making right now.
- Learn about 1-2 possible major disruptions and/or the possible events to monitor that may change many aspects of what we know and expect today.
Who Should Attend?
- U.S. Equity and Global Equity Portfolio Managers.
- Risk Management and Strategic Asset Allocation professionals.
- Anyone with a 401K, IRA or Pension or Investment Portfolio with a stake in the future direction of U.S. Equities.
- Anyone who attended our prior Boom or Bust Events in which the speakers were closer to the extremes (All In Equities for the long-run versus All out of Equities to avoid a bubble) and are interested in a possible more middle of the road approach.
Jill Hall, CFA
Head of US Small and Mid-Cap Strategy and Senior US Equity Strategist, Bank of America Global Research
Gabriel Petre, CFA, CAIA
Lead Investment Strategist, The World Bank Group
Stuart B. Cohen, CFA, CPA
Senior Financial Officer, World Bank Group
- CFA Institute PL Credit Hours: 1 Credit
- CFA Institute Competency Framework Skill: Investment Strategy & Process + The World Economy
- CFAW Member: $25
- Non-Member: $45
The live event has passed.
You may access a recording via the ticket below.
Contact email@example.com with any questions.