Financial Valuation and Modeling Boot Camp
December 10, 2019: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
- This event has passed.
CFA Society Washington, DC is pleased to offer, in partnership with Wall Street Prep, one of Wall Street Prep’s most popular courses to equip busy professionals and students with the financial skills they need on the job.
During this intensive 3-day training, participants will learn financial and valuation modeling in Excel using a hands-on, case-study approach. Modeling methodologies covered include financial statement modeling, valuation & DCF modeling and trading & transaction comps modeling. Instructors are all practitioners (investment bankers, equity research analysts, etc.) with a passion for teaching and years of directly relevant real-world experience.
What is included:
- Comprehensive training materials (manuals and online exercises)
- Detailed, reusable, modifiable Excel model templates
- Unlimited email support for content-related questions for 12-months post-seminar
- Access to additional online modules (crash course in Excel, M&A and LBO Modeling video lectures)
- Certification in Financial and Valuation in Modeling (upon successful completion of online Certification Exam)
- Wall Street Prep certification exam, upon successful completion of course and online modules
What You’ll Need:
- Participants should have basic knowledge of Excel and solid financial accounting fundamentals
- Participants will need to bring with them to the course a laptop with Excel, version 2003 or higher
- 27 CPE credits and 35 PD credit
CFAW Member: $1099
Jeff Schmidt, CFA
Senior Instructor, Wall Street Prep
Prior to joining Wall Street Prep, Jeff spent seven years in various Corporate Development functions and most recently led the international mergers and acquisitions team for Nabors Industries, a large oil-field services company. While working full-time, Jeff earned an MBA from the University of Houston and a BS from Texas A&M University. He is a CFA charterholder. Jeff has conducted seminars for a variety of corporate and banking clients and taught open enrollment courses all over the United States, as well as the Middle East. He has also taught at the following universities: Harvard Business School, Wharton, Columbia, MIT, Said Business School (Oxford), London Business School, Texas A&M, McGill, University of California-San Diego and University of California-Irvine, among many others.