Financial & Valuation Modeling Boot Camp
August 25: 9:00 am – August 27: 5:00 pm Virtual
- This event has passed.
CFA Society Washington, DC is pleased to offer, in partnership with Wall Street Prep, one of Wall Street Prep’s most popular courses to equip busy professionals and students with the financial skills they need on the job.
During this intensive 3-day training, participants will learn financial and valuation modeling in Excel using a hands-on, case-study approach. Modeling methodologies covered include financial statement modeling, valuation & DCF modeling and trading & transaction comps modeling. Instructors are all practitioners (investment bankers, equity research analysts, etc.) with a passion for teaching and years of directly relevant real-world experience.
- Comprehensive training materials (manuals and online exercises)
- Detailed, reusable, modifiable Excel model templates
- Unlimited email support for content-related questions for 12-months post-seminar
- Access to additional online modules (crash course in Excel, M&A and LBO Modeling video lectures)
- Certification in Financial and Valuation in Modeling (upon successful completion of online Certification Exam)
- Wall Street Prep certification exam, upon successful completion of course and online modules
Day 1 | FINANCIAL STATEMENT MODELING
- You will develop a 3-statement model completely from scratch, inputting historical data and assumptions to project out financial statements by selecting, locating, and developing appropriate projection drivers.
Day 2 | DCF MODELING
- Participants learn how to value the company step-by-step, including how to estimate the weighted average cost of capital (WACC) in the real world, how to implement commonly used approaches to calculating terminal value, and how to use data tables to analyze a broad range of scenarios given different assumptions.
Day 3 | M&A MODELING
- Participants will build a merger model in Excel to reflect the pro forma impact of various acquisition scenarios. Key topics covered include a quick test of accretion / dilution in all-stock deals, pricing structures (exchange ratios, collars, “walk-away” rights), purchase accounting, and the step-by-step allocation of purchase price.
What You’ll Need:
- A basic knowledge of Excel and solid financial accounting fundamentals
- A laptop with Excel, version 2003 or higher.
- CFA Institute PL Credit Hours: 21 Hours
- CFAW Member: $1,099.00
- Non-Member: $1,299.00