Navigating Biden’s Tax Proposals
October 6: 4:00 pm – 6:00 pm
They say the only certainties in life are death and taxes. Change might be the third. CFA Society Washington, DC is honored to welcome Mary Duffy, Managing Director of Andersen’s US National Tax office to the podium. Duffy will uncover some of these likely, if not certain, tax policy implications under the Biden Administration.
In addition to her role as co-leader of Andersen’s accounting methods team, Duffy advises clients on tax policy and legislative matters and is a frequent speaker around the nation. In her remarks, Duffy will breakdown possible outcomes of the Biden Administration’s tax proposals, how they may impact high net worth private clients and provide her take on the current state of affairs with potential new tax legislation. We’ll discuss the latest intel on capital gain rates, proposed tax rate changes, possible mandatory mark-to-market regime and revisions to the estate and gift tax regime.
Let us handle the fresh hors d’oevres while you dive into your best business casual attire for this live, in-person event at Tyson’s Corner Tower Club!
- Gain insight into the latest intel on capital gains rates
- Better define proposed tax rate changes for individuals and businesses
- Assess potential changes in carried interest rules
- Understand the revisions to the estate and gift tax regime
Who Should Attend:
- Wealth managers
- Financial planners
Managing Director, US National Tax Office, Andersen
Mary Duffy is a Managing Director in Andersen’s US National Tax office where she advises clients on tax policy and legislative matters and is a frequent speaker for Tax Executive Institute, Practicing Law Institute, Andersen’s Family Office Roundtables and other events.
Research Analyst, FBB Capital Partners
As a research analyst, Zach provides valuable insight to the Investment Committee about various sectors and individual companies that he covers. Zach works side-by-side with FBB’s Director of Research, reviewing existing stock and bond holdings and generating new ideas for potential future investments. Previously, Zach was at B. Riley FBR where he was a research associate covering regional and community banks. Prior to that, Zach was an auditor within the financial services group at PwC. Zach graduated from James Madison University and was actively involved in the student-managed investment fund. He is a licensed CPA and a CFA® charterholder. In his free time, Zach enjoys the outdoors and can be found running or biking along the Rock Creek Parkway on the weekends.
- CFA Institute PL Credit Hours: 1 Credit
- CFA Institute Competency Framework Skill: Risk Management + Financial Planning
- This program has been granted 1.5 CFP CE
Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards, Inc. (CFP Board) owns the CFP® certification mark, the CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ certification mark, the CFP® certification mark (with plaque design) logo and the CFP® certification mark (with flame design) logo in the United States, which it authorizes use of by individuals who successfully complete CFP Board’s initial and ongoing certification requirements.
- CFAW Member: $45
- Non-Member: $65
- Tower Club – Tyson’s Corner
- Closest Metro: Tysons Corner Center Metro Station
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, CFA Society Washington, DC is taking precautions to ensure attendee safety while attending in-person events. We are asking that all attendees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are sick or feeling you are getting sick, we ask that you please stay home.
Cancellations, Substitution, and Refund Requests:
- Substitutions are welcome at any time
- Cancelations must be made in writing and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 5 business days prior to the event
- No refunds will be processed after 5 pm ET, 5 business days prior to the event
- A $10 administrative fee will be applied to all cancellations
- Refunds will not be issued for no shows
Supported by the RIA Subcommittee
Contact email@example.com with questions.