[SOLD OUT] Asset Allocation Panel Luncheon
January 28, 2020: 12:00 pm – 2:00 pm
The US and the global consumer sectors of the economy and stock markets continue to be strong. However, the current US market expansion has been underway since 2009 with the manufacturing and business investment sectors slowing which can quickly cause the current low level of volatility and a number of other threats both known and unknown to emerge including the tense international situations and trade negotiations.
- How are CIOs and strategists positioning their portfolios to take advantage of growth, but mitigate risks?
- What are the primary market opportunities and risks? Which asset classes and niche markets present the best opportunities? Which international markets look the most promising?
- What approaches and assumptions are being used to set asset allocations?
- What risk premia are considered reasonable for different types of assets?
- How are the panelists using alternatives in their portfolios? What returns are required for different types of private securities?
- How do the panelists adjust their target allocations depending on the type of client (institutional public fund, endowment, family offices and high net worth individuals)?
- What impact does over $14 Trillion of Sovereign Bonds yielding negative interest rates have on CIOs strategies
Who Should Attend:
- CIOs, Wealth Managers/Financial Advisors, Investment Professionals
John R. Cavalieri
Executive VP and Asset Allocation Strategist, PIMCO
Jeanne Chen, CFA
Chief Investment Officer, GAVI Alliance
Brian A. Swain, CFA
Deputy Chief Investment Officer, Howard University
Hank H. Kim, Esq.
Executive Director and Counsel, NCPERS
- CFA Institute PL Credit Hour(s): 1 Credit.
CFAW Member: $65