U.S. Equities Boom or Bust 2020
September 9, 2020: 4:00 pm – 5:00 pm Virtual
- This event has passed.
Current investment trends in the United States shift almost daily and present contrasting sides of whether U.S. Equities are a bubble ready to implode or are a great buying opportunity that still offer the best long-term Investment available. Dr. David I Kass, Clinical Professor, Department of Finance at the Smith School of Business at the University of Maryland and Michael P Lebowitz, CFA, Economic and Investment Researcher at 720Global and Real Investment Advice, will present their analysis and recommendations for investors of all types. The presenters will emphasize on the future direction of the U.S. Equity Markets as well as the potential impact of increasing price volatility, increasing interest rates, changes in government regulations among different industry sectors, trade disputes, geo-political and other knowns or unknown events.
CFA Society Washington, DC invites the audience an opportunity to listen and then engage in productive discussions during the Q&A portion and openly express their opinions on their relative assessment of the future direction of general market conditions and U.S. equities.
- Gain a better Understanding of the current Investment Environment in the U.S. and globally with emphasis on how the past Quantitative Easing actions by Central Bank, and how deficit fiscal spending are possibly creating Asset bubbles especially in equities.
- Understand where the current U.S. Equity markets are in relationship to their historical valuation measures.
- Better understand how many long-term investors have constantly made money in U.S. equities and how they will likely continue to do so, as well as what are some of the largest mistakes many investors make and/or are making right now.
- Learn about 1-2 possible major disruptions and/or the possible events to monitor that may change many aspects of what we know and expect today.
Who Should Attend?
- U.S. Equity and Global Equity Portfolio Managers.
- Risk Management and Strategic Asset Allocation professionals.
- Anyone with a 401K, IRA or Pension or Investment Portfolio with a stake in the future direction of U.S. Equities.
David I. Kass, PhD
Clinical Professor, Department of Finance, University of Maryland
PhD Program, Harvard University
Dr. David Kass has published articles in corporate finance, industrial organization, and health economics. He currently teaches classes in Advanced Financial Management and has been the recipient of numerous teaching awards. Prior to joining the faculty of the Smith School in 2004, he held senior positions with the Federal Government (Federal Trade Commission, General Accounting Office, Department of Defense, and the Bureau of Economic Analysis). He is frequently quoted in the media on topics relating to Warren Buffett and Berkshire Hathaway as well as the overall economy and stock market.
Michael P. Lebowitz, CFA
Economic and Investment Researcher, 720Global and Real Investment Advice
Michael P. Lebowitz, CFA, has more than 25 years of financial markets and risk management experience. Throughout his career, Michael has been involved in trading, portfolio construction and risk management involving some of the largest and most active portfolios in the world. In addition to broad institutional experience, he also built a successful independent RIA which allowed him to further extend his experience into the realm of investment management for individuals and family offices. Currently Michael provides economic and investment research to individuals and institutional clients through 720Global, and Real Investment Advice.
Stuart B. Cohen, CFA, CPA
Senior Financial Officer, World Bank Group
Programs and Education Committee Co-Chair, CFA Society Washington, DC