Active and Passive Interplay and Outlook
May 6, 2021: 2:00 pm – 3:00 pm Virtual
- This event has passed.
A basic premise of active management is that with enough skill, it’s possible to outperform the market consistently. Historical data, however, do not support this view, and the index fund industry has grown and prospered as a result. This program will discuss some of the reasons why active management has been historically difficult and offer perspective on recent performance trends. Even investors who would never think of buying an index fund can still profit by understanding index dynamics.
Join CFAW and S&P Dow Jones Indices’ Craig Lazzara for a deep dive into the history of the active-passive debate, the scorecard for 2020, and what index analysis can teach us about active management.
- Understand the history of the active vs. passive debate and how performance played out during a volatile 2020.
- Explore how factors like professionalization, cost and return skewness influence active vs. passive performance.
- Understand the role style bias can play in explaining active and passive performance.
Who Should Attend?
- Institutional investors, financial advisors, and anyone directly involved in the investment decision-making process.
Craig Lazzara, CFA
Managing Director and Global Head of Index Investment Strategy, S&P Dow Jones Indices
- CFA Institute PL Credit Hours: 1 Credit
- CFA Institute Competency Framework Skills: Portfolio Construction, Investment Strategy and Process, & Instruments and Products
- CFAW Member: FREE
- Non-Member: $25
This event is presented in partnership with S&P Global.
The live event has passed.
You may access a recording via the ticket below.
Contact email@example.com with any questions.