Cannabis Industry Update: Weeding Through the Insights and Opportunities
May 18: 4:00 pm – 5:00 pm Virtual
- This event has passed.
Topics to be discussed:
- Reviewing various state, federal and non-US cannabis laws – where are we and where are we going?
- Learn how marijuana proceeds move via alternative payment systems through financial institutions. Which aspects of Banking and/or FinTech can/will participate?
- Current and upcoming legislation reform efforts, recent industry guidance, and what may change under the new administration.
- Potential regulatory and enforcement risks associated with offering financial services to cannabis-related businesses (CRBs), and best practices for mitigating those risks.
- Navigating the regulatory complexities for the cannabis industry.
- How to recognize investment opportunities and risks.
- What are the return expectations over the next 5 years?
Lauren A. Kohr, CAMS-FCI
VP, Senior Vice President, Chief Risk Officer, Old Dominion National Bank
Managing Director, Cowen Group, Inc
Daniel P. Stipano
Partner, Davis Polk & Wardwell Financial Institutions Group
Director, Morningstar Research Services LLC
- CFA Institute PL Credit Hours: 1 Credit
- CFA Institute Competency Framework Skill: Industry Awareness + Regulatory Compliance
- CFAW Member: $25
- Non-Member: $45
The live event has passed.
You may purchase a recording via the ticket below.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.