2nd Annual DEI Virtual Conference
CFAW is pleased to support the 2nd Annual Virtual DEI Conference, hosted by CFA Society Los Angeles.
CFALA and LACERA are happy to collaborate on our 2nd Annual DEI Virtual Conference. We will again be briefly highlighting the best practices learned from this year’s roundtable discussions and bringing a variety of thought leaders who will touch on topics ranging from communicating effectively with the c-suite, navigating DEI Initiatives under the recent Supreme Court ruling, and hearing what was learned from the first cohort of signatories of CFA Institute’s DEI Code. We will end the conference with a frank discussion between two financial leaders passionate about DEI and how they lead with it in mind.
- Jonathan Grabel — Chief Investment Officer, Los Angeles County Employees Retirement Association (LACERA)
- Ramsey Jay, Jr. — Founding Principal, Ramsey Jay, Jr. and Associates
- Katie Koch — President and Chief Executive Officer, The TCW Group, Inc.
- Sarah Maynard, ASIP — Global Senior Head, Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion, CFA Institute
- Sofia Dolores Martos — Partner, Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Scott Zdrazil — Principal Investment Officer, Los Angeles County Employees Retirement Association (LACERA)
- 2:00 pm – 2:10 pm PST: Welcome and Highlights from this year’s DEI Roundtable – Mariya Entina, CFA and Didier Acevedo, CFA, Co-Chairs of the DEI Roundtables
- 2:10 pm – 2:25 pm PST: Update on CFA Institute’s DEI Signatories First Data Report – Sarah Maynard – Global Senior Head Diversity, Equity, & inclusion, CFA Institute
- 2:25 pm – 2:55 pm PST: Impact of the Supreme Courts Anti-Affirmative Action Decision – Scott Zdrazil – Principal Investment Officer, LACERA and Sofia Dolores Martos – Partner, Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- 2:55 pm – 3:10 pm PST: Communicating with the C-Suite and Getting Buy-In – Ramsey Jay, Jr. – Founder of Ramsey Jay, Jr. and Associates
- 3:10 pm – 3:55 pm PST: Fireside Chat with Katie Koch – CEO, TCW and Jonathan Grabel – CIO, LACERA
- 3:55 pm – 4:00 pm PST: Concluding Statements
To register, please visit: 2nd Annual DEI Virtual Conference for mor information.