Artificial Intelligence and the Future of Investment Management
This seminar will provide an understanding of the fundamental concepts of AI and the impact of what is often called the “Third Wave” in investment management and finance.
What You’ll Learn:
- What is Artificial Intelligence and how has it the use of AI in investment management evolved over the years?
- How will AI disrupt finance and where will it come from?
- How is the industry using Big Data?
- How do professionals separate the hype from reality? A close look at some real-world examples that are creating an investment “edge”
- Will AI threaten human portfolio managers and analysts? Should CFA charter holders fear that “robots” will take over their jobs?
- What opportunities are there for asset owners to gain from these evolving applications?
- What does the next wave of alternative investment managers look like and where will they come from?
- Bring awareness of the current and potential future application of Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence techniques in the field of finance
- Bring knowledge to CFA candidates as Big Data and Artificial Intelligence topics slated to be included in the CFA examination
- Give analysts information that they use to improve their investment management process and workflow
- Give asset owners an understanding of how they may invest in managers that are gaining an edge in using AI
- Give professionals a grasp on how AI may impact jobs and organizations
President and Chief Investment Officer, MOV37 and Protégé Partners
Jim Kyung-Soo Liew, PhD
Co-Founder at SoKat.co
Associate Professor Fintech, AI, Blockchain, John Hopkins University
Julia Casals, CFA
Consultant, Bellspire Advisory