Career Management Conference: Strategies for Success
November 21, 2019: 7:30 am – 12:30 pm
Join CFAW for a Career Management Strategies for Success Conference. This half-day event focuses on career advancement in the investment profession and provides relevant and timely strategies. We offer three separate tracks, each designed to provide you with information you can immediately apply: professional soft skills for success, career development skills, and women in finance. Choose the track that’s best for you or attend sessions in different tracks.
Come engage with seasoned speakers who will provide helpful tools so that you make the right moves at every stage of your career. Whether you are reaching a transition point and determining your next challenge or looking to improve on skills, this conference offers guidance and advice to take you to the next level. Morning beverages, light snacks and lunch are included.
- Learn the changing roles, skills and organizational cultures that affect the career path for investment professionals
- Learn what a personal brand is, why it matters and how to build one
- Develop a solid networking plan that will help you gain new connections and build business relationships
- Gain a thorough understanding of negotiation as a problem-solving process
- Understand and overcome challenges facing women in this industry
- Understand the science of social influence – fundamentals of persuasion
- Gain insight on the purpose of second and third round interviews and how to prepare
- Actionable strategies on how to start, build and grow a business
Who Should Attend:
- Investment management professionals of all levels looking to advance their careers
- Managers wanting to understand how to diversify and improve their own corporate cultures
- Recruiters seeking to better understand the professional investment market
- Students considering a career in investment management
- Those looking to increase their professional set of soft skills
- Those wanting to stay current or sharpen their soft skills
- Those considering starting their own business in the financial services industry.
- CFAW Member: $125
- Non-Member: $185