2022 Economic Outlook
February 16: 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm Virtual
These are indeed interesting times – two years of a global pandemic, unprecedented monetary and fiscal response, uncertainty over rising inflation, supply chain disruptions, shortage of workers, and potential tax increases in the U.S.
Join CFAW to explore what economic trends might be in store for the US and global economies in 2022 as we try to end the Covid-19 pandemic and get back to more normal activity. Our expert economic panel will address topics such as the level of interest rates across the curve, short-term and long-term levels of inflation, projections of economic growth, employment levels, and other key measures of economic activity that will impact the direction of the economy and investment decisions for both the short-term (next 12 months) and relevant long-term (next 2 – 5 years). Panelists will touch upon the relationship between the economy and the markets, as well as the drivers to our panelists’ own forecasts.
- What is the consensus economic outlook versus outlier possibilities?
- Ability to compare and contrast different economic outlooks through understanding the probability and risks to their outcomes, as well as their possible impact on various investment strategies.
- Exposure to well respected economists whose opinions may differ from your own.
Who Should Attend?
- Portfolio Managers
- Anyone directly involved in the investment decision making process.
Senior Research Fellow, Mercatus Center, George Mason University
Simona M. Mocuta
Chief Economist, State Street Global Advisors
Stuart B. Cohen, CFA, CPA
Senior Financial Officer, World Bank Group
Programs and Education Committee Co-Chair, CFA Society Washington, DC
- CFA Institute PL Credit Hours: 1
- CFA Institute Competency Framework Skill: Industry & Company Analysis and The World Economy
- CFAW Member: FREE
- Non-Member: $25
- Register by 12PM ET on February 15, 2022.