Healthcare Economic Outlook: Impact & Opportunities of the 2020 Election
December 9, 2020: 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm Virtual
- This event has passed.
U.S. Healthcare equities are consistently one of the most volatile sectors during every Presidential election cycle due to uncertainty about changes in health care policy. This trend is even more pronounced in the 2020 cycle as the healthcare sector now represents the second largest in the S&P500 just behind technology. Further, the current environment has become a “perfect storm” for healthcare uncertainty and opportunity with the continued focus on a Covid-19 response, and the economic fallout having an extremely discerning impact, devastating some business models while rewarding others.
In this CFA Society Washington, DC healthcare sector focused event we will examine the impact from the Covid-19 crisis and how investors may be impacted in the possible periods of more panic and/or opportunity. We will seek to learn what potential scenario outcomes might lie ahead including the policy implications from the White House, and Congress as well as how various subsectors of the health care industry are affected differently, and how demographic forces interact with supply and regulation around drug prices and treatments.
Founding Partner and Head of US Policy, Cornerstone Macro LLC
Damien Conover, CFA
Director of Healthcare Equity Research and Equity Strategy, Morningstar
Equity Analyst, T. Rowe Price
- Learn how the healthcare industry and the various subsectors has performed during 2020
- Understand the differing drivers of various health care subsectors
- Review different forecasts of potential outcomes of policy decisions on health care reform and drug price controls
- Examine demographic drivers of future health care risks and return opportunities
- Review the likely movement in equity prices based upon the above possible alternative trends and outcomes
Who Should Attend:
- CIOs, Wealth Managers/Financial Advisors, Investment Professionals
- 1 CFP CE Credit
- 1 CFA Institute PL Credit Hour
This event has passed.
You may purchase a recording via the ticket below.
Contact email@example.com with any questions.