Road Rage or Autopilot: Active vs. Passive Investing Decisions
October 6, 2022: 4:00 pm – 5:30 pm
- This event has passed.
What determines whether active or passive investing will be more effective? Is it correlations of stocks within the S&P500? Is it an upward vs downward market? Is it the sub asset class you are investing in? Is it the number of CFA charter holders in existence? On Thursday October 6th we will investigate the implications of a tactical vs strategic approach to the decision of where to deploy an alpha budget vs where to take what the market gives you. There might even be a third option.
Let us handle the fresh hors d’oevres while you dive into your best business casual attire for this live, in-person event.
- Review time periods and asset classes where active management worked better
- Investigate methods for weighing risks and rewards associated with active and indexed investing
- Learn to assess client expectations regarding how active the investment methodology should be
Who Should Attend:
- Chief investment officer
- Portfolio manager
- Research analyst
- Wealth manager
Jack Mayer, CFA
Senior Portfolio Specialist, Sands Capital
Jeanne Shen, CFA
Chief Investment Officer, Gavi Alliance
Chris Tidmore, CFA
Senior Manager, Vanguard Investment Advisor Research Center
Walt Nockett, CFA, CFP
Partner and Private Wealth Manager, Creative Planning
- CFA Institute PL Credit Hours: 1 Credit
- CFA Institute Competency Framework Skill: Equity Investment, Fixed Income, Performance Measurement and Evaluation, Portfolio Management and Risk Management
- CFP CE Credit Hours : 1 Credit
Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards, Inc. (CFP Board) owns the CFP® certification mark, the CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ certification mark, the CFP® certification mark (with plaque design) logo and the CFP® certification mark (with flame design) logo in the United States, which it authorizes use of by individuals who successfully complete CFP Board’s initial and
ongoing certification requirements.
- CFAW Member: $30
- Non-Member: $40
Registration Closes September 29th at 12:00 PM.
Sponsored by the RIA Subcommittee
Thank You to Our Event Sponsor