[Webcast] Energy Outlook and Investment Trends
June 9: 12:00 pm – 1:30 pm Virtual
- This event has passed.
Please join us on Thursday, June 9th for a conversation to gain a better understanding of the potential expected returns, and risks, of investing now in the various energy markets.
Given the policies of the Biden Administration and the political trends in the U.S., together with the recent changes in the geo-political environment (Russia Invasion of Ukraine, possibly of a renewed Iran Deal, U.S. looking to import more oil from OPEC, Venezuela, etc.), technological trends (i.e., electric and autonomous cars), All-time high Oil and Gas prices to consumers, climate accords, natural disasters what should Investors expect in the Energy Markets in the second half of 2022 and beyond. What are the possible outcomes of the current disruptions and what resulting effects on the Energy Markets should we expect and how will they likely impact Energy Investors directly and most other investors indirectly?
Topics to be Discussed:
- Gain a better Understanding of the Status of the different Energy Markets and potential risks and returns to investors with direct or indirect investments.
- What have Energy Consumers and Investors learned from the Russian Invasion of Ukraine.
- Technological trends affecting Energy Markets (i.e. Electric Cars, Battery Sharing Services, Chagrining Stations, Self-driving Cars, Ride-Shares, Solar, etc.)
Who Should Attend?
- Portfolio Managers that have direct or indexed energy exposure in their portfolios
- Anyone whose clients hold or potentially hold energy investments in their portfolios.
- Anyone interested in the ultimate potential disruption that could be on the horizon.
Chief Economist, Exelon Corporation
Jacques Rousseau, CFA
Managing Director, ClearView Energy Partners
Chief Technology Innovation Officer, The AES Corporation
Stuart B. Cohen, CFA & CPA
Senior Financial Officer, World Bank Group
Programs and Education Committee Co-Chair, CFA Society Washington, DC
I hr Professional Learning | CFA Institute Competency Framework Skill = Industry & Company Analysis + The World Economy
Member Price: $0 (Free for members)
Non-Member: $25 for non-members